Watermelon Chia Parfaits
This fully customizable parfait can be topped with your favorite fruits, nuts or seeds! The chia and watermelon make a jam-like layer that complement the creaminess of yogurt. Filled with protein and healthy fats from chia, try this parfait for breakfast or mid-afternoon snack for lasting energy boost!
- 4 cups watermelon, liquefied
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- serving yogurt of choice
- Toppings of choice: mango, kiwi, mint, toasted coconut
- Combine the watermelon, chia and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to make the watermelon jam.
- In a small jar, layer 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt and 1-2 tablespoons of watermelon chia pudding. Repeat layers. Top with fruit or crunchy toppings of choice.