Zesty Watermelon Chicken Salad Tortilla Cups
These gorgeous cups look impressive and are easy to make – great for guests, game nights and brunches! Authored by Shannon Kohn from Simpsonville, South Carolina, we loved this spin on chicken salad so much we awarded it First Place in the “Flesh” category 2017 Recipe Contest. We know you’ll love them just as much as we did!
- 4 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1/4 cup softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
- 1 1/2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 375°F. Using a 4-inch cookie cutter or cup, cut rounds out of each tortilla. Press one tortilla round down into each cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until tortilla cups are light brown and crispy. Remove from oven; allow to cool.
In bottom of large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in chicken and green chiles. Fold in watermelon. Divide and fill each tortilla cup with an equal amount of the watermelon-chicken mixture. Divide and garnish with an equal amount of pumpkin seeds and green onion, respectively.
Makes 12 Servings.