Fresh Mozzarella Salad
This light and lively, yet healthy, salad with the addition of watermelon is great on a hot summer day.
- 2 cups seeded small watermelon balls
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil (purple or green)
- bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- dash balsamic vinegar as desired
Toss together the watermelon, mozzarella, basil, scallions and oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over a bed of baby greens with crostini on the sides. Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar over if desired.
Makes 6-8 servings.