Lobster Spring Rolls
The combination of lobster spring rolls with watermelon sesame sweet and sour sauce will give your tasetbuds an added zing.
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce (in the Asian foods section)
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1/3 cup water for sealing spring rolls
- 1 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 serving oil for deep-frying (consult bottle for serving amount)
- Watermelon Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup watermelon puree
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice bran vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
Toss together the lobster meat, cabbage, scallions and Hoisin sauce. Divide into long mounds across the diagonal of the wrappers leaving enough space at each end of wrap to fold over the filling to enclose tightly when rolled up.
Wet the edges of the wrapper and fold the short ends over the filling. Roll the wrapper from the bottom to enclose the filling completely and tightly. The water will act like glue to seal the edges. Deep fry the Spring Rolls in 360-degree oil such as rice bran oil, peanut oil or canola oil. As you remove them from the oil, drain quickly on paper towel and then dust with the sesame seeds. Serve with Watermelon Sesame Sweet Sour Sauce.
For the Watermelon Sweet and Sour Sauce: Mix ingredients together and serve as a dipping sauce (this will make about 1 1/4 cups).
Makes 8 servings.