Watermelon Moscow Mule
A new spin on the cult-fave Moscow Mule!
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces watermelon simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 small watermelon wedges
- 2 large mint sprigs
1. Make a batch of watermelon simple syrup by combining 2 cups seedless watermelon and 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Use a potato masher or another utensil to mash the watermelon and sugar together, pushing out the liquid and dissolving the sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl or jar, pressing the watermelon to extract all the liquid. Set aside to cool completely. (Makes just over 1 cup of simple syrup)
2. Combine the vodka, 2 oz. of simple syrup and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
3. Pour vodka mixture into two ice filled mule mugs. Top each glass with 1 oz of ginger beer. Garnish with watermelon wedges and mint sprigs and enjoy!
Makes 2 drinks.