5 Reasons We L-O-V-E Watermelon
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we are shouting our love for watermelon from the rooftops! There are so many reasons that make watermelon our favorite fruit: from being a good-for-you treat to a functional on-the-go snack. While we could write a sonnet on all the reasons watermelon has our hearts, here are just five reasons to L-O-V-E watermelon:
The holidays are about giving, so don’t forget treat yourself!
- Health. Watermelon loves us back by nourishing our bodies. At 92 percent water, watermelon is an excellent choice for staying hydrated while doing the things you love. Each delicious bite also delivers a punch of essential nutrients such as B vitamins.
- Versatility. From the juice to the rind, watermelon is a versatile food that the whole family can enjoy year-round! Use the juice as pre-workout fuel in smoothies or mix into your favorite cocktail. Top a tasty salad with diced watermelon or simply enjoy a big, juicy slice. And don’t forget the rind! Thinly slice and toss in a stir fry or add it to your summer barbecue menu as a yummy slaw. We love to use the whole watermelon!
- Convenience. elicious on-the-go watermelon snacks make our hearts happy (and healthy)! Use this food hack to cut quick sticks. Pair with tangy Greek yogurt for fresh dippers to go. Classic slices are another convenient treat on its own or as a sweet pizza treat. When life gets busy, we love diced or balled watermelon thrown in jars for a simple bite-sized snack on the run.
- Flavor. How can you resist the chin-dribbling goodness? Delicious on its own, watermelon is also a tasty addition to many recipes! Sprinkle cubes on salads or use for a sweet kid-friendly treat. At the end of the day, nothing beats the juicy goodness of watermelon!
- Fun! Above all else, watermelon is fun to eat! Sure, there’s nothing quite like fresh, juicy watermelon slice on a sweltering day – but there are many other fun ways to enjoy it, too! From penguins to the Eiffel Tower, carvings put the ‘fun’ in funtastic! Even the kiddos can join in by creating festive watermelon cookie cutouts.
Do you love watermelon, too? Tell us why in the comments below!
No comments have been made for this post...